WOW! What a difference Mother Nature has brought to the course.
Now that brings the next challenge for the Greenkeepers to deal with the growth spurts, the greens are now growing with vigour, as are the fairways and the rough. Please, I ask for a little patience as we have our main fairway cutter at the menders, until later this week.
You will see that the Tee boards are starting to appear on the course at a rate of knots now, only a couple left now! Thanks to Lewis and Alex with their tireless help with these. One for the ladies, we will be moving the teeboard on the 3rd, for all to see. I will be digging the holes for it, perhaps this week sometime. This will be set in the ground so it is removable for grass cutting purposes.
Lydia and I have a sprinkler system inspection with Sean, early doors on Tuesday, so unless you want a second shower, watch out LOL
We have negotiated with a buyer to take away some redundant greens items and have started a funding process to allow us to get our irrigation system in full working order … watch this space.
The conifer cutting will be taking place as an ongoing volunteer project, thanks again to Lewis as he has continued my work, however lots more to be done, so please liaise with the Greens committee members to arrange your work parties. Gary Brinn has a work party to clear the area around the Klargester, so we can have it serviced soon … Thank you!
So, the seniors as promised have carried out the next Volunteer project. Everyday we see the course and its surroundings improving … Many thanks for all your help.
Other volunteer projects are as follows …
- Conifer bottom trimming, to all but the ones around the 8th tee …STARTED
- All white, red and yellow stakes on and around our course will be found, cleared around, cleaned and visible at all times.
- Hole filling on the course.
- Tee marker posts to be finished and numbers fixed to each (Unfortunately, the old number plates are now redundant as new yardages and are also in a poor state)
- 8th Tee surrounding conifers project
- 6th tee perimeter trimming
- Drainage and matting to buggy shed area
If anyone would like to volunteer to organise or just volunteer their time, it will be very much appreciated.